ok. I've found with my EW Supermodel (and probably all other DTs) that an awesome way of slowing down is to step on the wheels. I either step on the front wheel directly (softly) and use my back foot to cancel out the turning, or I let the back wheel grind against the front of the back shoe (like against my toes) and offset the turning with my front foot.
Compared to dragging-on-the-ground footbraking this seems a lot more elegant and gives a lot better control. You don't stop fast, but you can slow down from even fairly high speeds, and your feet are already pretty close to where they need to be. The only real problem is that, obviously, you turn in the direction of the slow wheel, but you can easily carve against that so you go straight.
Obviously lots of people thought of this before, and I like doing it, but every time I do it I can hear you people screaming at me that something horrible is going to happen. I really can't see WHAT is gonna happen, but it feels so right and so wrong at the same time.
It's a BRAKE like a bike or car or something has, it's just friction on the wheel, but it just seems like it's going to somehow get me messed up, because it's not footbraking. So why can't I do this?
ehh, this is also probably super wrong, but I like riding the EWSM with my foot juuuuust behind the trucks, so they're almost hanging over the wheel cutouts. seems to give better leverage for turning.
Compared to dragging-on-the-ground footbraking this seems a lot more elegant and gives a lot better control. You don't stop fast, but you can slow down from even fairly high speeds, and your feet are already pretty close to where they need to be. The only real problem is that, obviously, you turn in the direction of the slow wheel, but you can easily carve against that so you go straight.
Obviously lots of people thought of this before, and I like doing it, but every time I do it I can hear you people screaming at me that something horrible is going to happen. I really can't see WHAT is gonna happen, but it feels so right and so wrong at the same time.
It's a BRAKE like a bike or car or something has, it's just friction on the wheel, but it just seems like it's going to somehow get me messed up, because it's not footbraking. So why can't I do this?
ehh, this is also probably super wrong, but I like riding the EWSM with my foot juuuuust behind the trucks, so they're almost hanging over the wheel cutouts. seems to give better leverage for turning.
notify.mealways connected...
Manage Notification Settings
No comments:
Post a Comment