Do not read if you are offended by awesome stoke :)
This was last Wednesday, or thereabouts or where-hither for-druther.
I brought my Supermodel with me to campus. My friends were surprised, they didn't know I rode a longboard. Immediately, one of the guys gets on the board, pulls off some dance moves, and a couple of standies. He's pretty good at longboarding, owns a couple Loaded boards.
ARGH! I busted my knee trying to slide, and couldn't play soccer for two months! But this guy could slide immediately! He offered to teach me standies, and I might take him up on it once my knee heals completely.
They all thought it was a good ride (Seal of approval, I guessh), and apparently it's VERY turny.
It was kind of awkward at first to hold it during times when the sidewalks were busy. But I had a blast just riding around... It's awesome to break away from the crowd, throw your board down, and hop on, and ride away.
I even found a guy who was riding another Supermodel. With me going one direction, and him another, we shared as many board specs as we could. It felt nice to see someone with my board.
FAIL STORY:
I was riding while grabbing a friend's backpack. He started running, and when he stopped, I didn't let go, and we both bailed onto the ground :mrgreen:
It was strangely satisfying :)
Later on, this same friend, a third person, and I all went out on longboards around campus. For the record, neither of these two owned longboards, they were using other peoples' (we're actually a pretty big group of people, quite a few boarders)
Anyways, my friend was on a Sector 9 Haleiwa, the third guy was on a Loaded Ceviche (belonging to the guy from before), and I my Supermodel. I was surprised that I was out-carving them. We all ended up going different directions, but I kept boarding around campus.
It was...
This was last Wednesday, or thereabouts or where-hither for-druther.
I brought my Supermodel with me to campus. My friends were surprised, they didn't know I rode a longboard. Immediately, one of the guys gets on the board, pulls off some dance moves, and a couple of standies. He's pretty good at longboarding, owns a couple Loaded boards.
ARGH! I busted my knee trying to slide, and couldn't play soccer for two months! But this guy could slide immediately! He offered to teach me standies, and I might take him up on it once my knee heals completely.
They all thought it was a good ride (Seal of approval, I guessh), and apparently it's VERY turny.
It was kind of awkward at first to hold it during times when the sidewalks were busy. But I had a blast just riding around... It's awesome to break away from the crowd, throw your board down, and hop on, and ride away.
I even found a guy who was riding another Supermodel. With me going one direction, and him another, we shared as many board specs as we could. It felt nice to see someone with my board.
FAIL STORY:
I was riding while grabbing a friend's backpack. He started running, and when he stopped, I didn't let go, and we both bailed onto the ground :mrgreen:
It was strangely satisfying :)
Later on, this same friend, a third person, and I all went out on longboards around campus. For the record, neither of these two owned longboards, they were using other peoples' (we're actually a pretty big group of people, quite a few boarders)
Anyways, my friend was on a Sector 9 Haleiwa, the third guy was on a Loaded Ceviche (belonging to the guy from before), and I my Supermodel. I was surprised that I was out-carving them. We all ended up going different directions, but I kept boarding around campus.
It was...
notify.mealways connected...
Manage Notification Settings
No comments:
Post a Comment